20,000 leagues under the sea - The Grand Saloon


An updated design for the interior of Nemo's Nautilus-

I added wooden panels, tweaked the lighting somewhat, and added a fountain, for a more luxurious look. I feel this gives the room a warmer and more constrained feel, helping to sell the idea that it's actually on a submarine, albeit an opulent one.

As for the creative process, I looked at numerous pictures of old steam ships. After I had an idea about what I wanted to go for, I did some loose paintings until I got to a basic structure, which was then rendered in a 3D program, to eliminate any perspective issues that might arise as details were added. I then decided the lighting setup and the colors. Details and textures were added to finish off the piece. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment